Monday, February 27, 2006

An intruder on my desk, it flew in through the window from the backyard, luckly i had my cam with me at that time, u can see the horn like thing on his head like the rhinos have, its a strange king of beetle i have ever seen. The pics didnt come out good, as it didnt stop in one place, most of them were blurred bcoz of the poor light, but the video is amazing, not regarding the quality but the instance when they were taken. This beetle has a protective cover for its wings, b4 it flew it opened up the protection and then....see it for urself. Click here to see the video, remember to keep the sound on, thats gives its real effect :-)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, I have not seen a Rhino beetle for ages! You have some cool images on your blog! cheers

3:46 PM  
Blogger Photography said...

Thanks david :-)

yes,intern a very rare one indeed :-)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Vulcan said...

gasp! the intruders here are very little.. and I can't see one like it (live) since 1976.. or '77..

11:14 PM  
Blogger Devilish Angel said...

Good one...

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'd hate to have one of those fly in my house. Great photo.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Lauren Mayerle said...

Oh my word. That's a crazy lookin' bug. What exactly did you end up doing with it?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Photography said...

Re:
Thats was not little vulcan, it was abt 2.5 inches long, and abt 1 cm wide :-)

thanks vanathi :-)

I always wonder nikki that y girls usually have insectophobia, fear for insects :-)

Thanks marv and ma :-)

Thats was a pure co-incidence mayerele that i had my cam with me :-)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Vulcan said...

yes, I ment your one was big! ;)

Here we have very little insects! :)

11:52 PM  
Blogger Vulcan said...

sorry.. I meAnt :)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Photography said...

Yeah its fine vulcan :-)

11:18 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

ew its that awful beetle again!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Artful Badger said...

Great photo! You must have one hell of a lens!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Artful Badger said...

I find it weird that certain structures are repeated across different scales. The bug looks like a rhino!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home